As your wedding photographer I aim for authentic and genuine images, images that tell an honest story. Making sure that we keep everything fun, natural and relaxed is very important to me, and while most of your day will be recorded candidly, there are times when a little direction is needed and helping people create magical portraits is something I love.
How much will your wedding photography cost?
I have written a short guide to my wedding photography pricing below, it should give you a really good idea of any costs associated with using me as your wedding photographer.
To get a good idea about how much it might cost to hire me as your wedding photographer you will first need to work out the coverage you need!
Start by working out which parts of the day you would like me to cover. The following are my recommended time allowances
1 to 1.5 hours of the Groom and his party getting ready
1.5 to 2 hours of the Bride and her party getting ready
1.5 to 2 hours for the Ceremony and Family Photos
1 to 3 hours for portraits of the Bridal party (more if you want)
1 to 5 hours of the reception, depending on what you want covered.
Travel time, between different locations, also needs to be included. I have found google maps to be pretty accurate, when it comes to the travel time, but I do like to add in a little bit extra to cover for any delays.
Add up all of the above and you should have a good idea of how many hours you will need me for. Of course any coverage can be adjusted to suit your purposes. Finally before you sign anything we will go over your planning, during our meeting and make sure you have allocated enough time to cover everything you want covered on your wedding day 🙂
- 6 hours of Photography – $1895
- 8 hours of Photography – $2095
- 10 hours of photography – $2295
- 12 hours of photography – $2495
- 1 hour extended coverage – $250
In addition to the photography coverage on your wedding day, my service includes any emails or phone calls, a location scout, a meeting, any planning needed, image editing and processing, and all suitable images in a web quality, delivered to you online, within 6 weeks. Web quality images are perfect for sharing online, they wont have a watermark, but they wont print, if you want to print your own images there is an additional cost (see below).
Once you have decided how long you need me for on the day, you need to work out what additional products or services you may also need.
- Engagement Shoot $450 – This is such a great option and I can’t recommend it enough! Having an engagement shoot allows us to spend some time together in a fun and relaxed environment, get to know one another a little, all while creating some great images. If you are nervous about having photographs on your wedding day this option will help you to relax in front of the camera 🙂 Plus you get all the images, in a printable format, included in the price… Just think invites.
- Second photographer $425 – One set of eyes is good, having an additional set is better! While I concentrate on the “must have imagery” my second photographer is able to cover other moments we might miss. Starting at $425 for 6 hours, additional hours can be added at $75 per hour.
- Hi-Res Printable images $495 – This option will allow you to download all of your images at their maximum resolution, you can then take these files to any photo lab* and have as many copies printed as you like, forever.
- Unique USB Image Storage $75 – All images are available for download online but if you want a physical keepsake to store all your images on this is the option for you.
- Albums – Tell your wedding day story and present it in a beautiful bespoke album. There are two album options, the “Artist” edition ($950), and the “Master” option ($1200). Each album is bound in leather, with 12 spreads (24 pages) and is kept in a beautiful presentation box. The “Artist” edition is 10×10 inches and the “Master” edition 12×12 inches. Each album is designed with your preferences in mind, rest assured I will seek out guidance, from you, before the initial design to understand your preferences. Each image used will have additional retouching as necessary. Additional spreads can be added for $55 each.
- Prints and Canvas – Have me print your images through my pro lab and rest assured you are getting some of the best quality prints available.
5 x 7 $10
8 x 12 $16
12 x 18 $38
16 x 24 $65
20 x 30 $75
16 x 24 $250
24 x 36 $375
30 x 46 $525
*Some photo labs are better than others, all my imagery is edited on professionally calibrated monitors and I recommend using a pro lab for printing. The better the printer the closer to the original image the print will be.
Packages and quotes
Once you have thought about everything you want, just drop me a line, use the contact form above or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will happily provide you a quote including any discount you may be entitled to 🙂
To view some of my favourite Wedding images click here.
If you would like to know more about me then click here.